Thursday, December 23, 2010

Get That Squaw Off My Warpath

We were on St, Marks Place digging at Rockit Scientist Records (33 St. Marks Place, Ny, Ny 10003) when Dan came across Loretta Lynn's 1969 album Your Squaw is on the Warpath

I didn't know much about Loretta Lynn, but I love the album art, I love the uneven application of brown makeup to make Mrs. Lynn look more like an engine,  and I love campy Native American anything (Seriously I think I have 5 or 6 cigar store Indians).  So for 4 bucks this was a steal!  The title track has quickly become one of our favorite songs, along with Kaw-Liga, Harper Valley PTA, and Let Me Go You're Hurting Me Loretta Lynn has a new fan.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Harper Valley PTA is a great song! One of the 3SH Country Music hour on a Sunday's most played (where I grew up as a child).

    ReplyDelete