Thursday, December 16, 2010

Welcome To Vinyl Whores

My name is Garth my boyfriend Dan and I are record collectors.  We both have dabbled in the vinyl trade for years but things always got in the way of our becoming a full fledged balls to the wall record collectors.  Whether it be money, school, drugs, or loose women we always had an excuse why we didn't devote our full attention to the gathering of weird and rare LP's.

When I was attending Sprague High School in Salem, Oregon I was a frequent Shopper at the Value Village out by the airport.  Mostly I was there for furniture and clothes but one day fate led me to the record bin which was chock full of the usual dollar store items.  Englebert Humperdink, that damn Johnny Mathis, Time Life compilations, Classical, Opera, Bette Midler, if you frequent dollar LP bins you know the ones I am talking about...But this trip I was fated to find my very first weird record.

Her name...Rexella, her game Jesus.  Her album art....priceless.  Her price at the Value Village $1.99


And thus my love of bizarre, weird, and fucked up records came to be.  When I met Dan many years later it was like 2 evil forces coming together to become one unstoppable being of Vinyl collecting madness.  We each have different tastes, different styles, both we are both very passionate about finding treasures in the Dollar bins and this is a chronicle of what we find, where we found it and how much we shelled out.  I hope you all enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be a good blog, I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete