Sunday, January 9, 2011

Merle's

Dan and I took a small trip up to Connecticut the week after Christmas.  We had heard tell of a record store called Merle's Record Rack and were absolutely dieing to check it out.  It's a cool little store with a ton vintage stereo equipment, CD's, memorabilia, and of course records.  Dan walked in and immediately found a treasure (to be seen at a later date).  I found a couple of jazz LP's I was interested in.  I asked how they were priced and she told you you bring them up and they price them at the counter.  Which I think is a down right stupid way to operate if I do say so myself.  This means that I am less likely, as a customer, to pick up a record in fear that i get to the counter and they price it higher than I am willing to pay, thus making me, the customer, feel like a cheap bastard.



The woman working the counter was also having trouble multi-tasking.  Phones, and customers, and records to price, and questions to be answered, and record's to clean, it was almost too much for her to take.  That being said she was very friendly and did seem to know what she was talking about, she also knew where everything was which is helpful.  I just wish there were prices on the actual records, I hate on the spot, arbitrary pricing.  This isn't a market in Fallujah put fucking price tag on you merchandise.


The vintage stereo department was really cool, they also repair stereo equipment and will transfer your LP's to mp3's.  So all in all probably won't go back to Merle's but it's a cute store.

No comments:

Post a Comment