Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nanu-Nanu


Here is Leonard Nimoy The Way I Feel, well I know the way I feel, elated!   I am elated that at some point a music producer said "You know who should cut an album?  Leonard Nimoy, that's who."  And then someone else in the room said "Yeah, and he should sing If I Had a Hammer."  These were the good old days when people didn't have cable tv, and ipods, and texting (I sound like Anna, the racist lady from next door).  What they had was a zest for celebrity vinyl, and thank God they did because we ended up with this.

I wouldn't call Leonard a singer, that being said I am super excited that he will be doing the voice of Smaug in The Hobbit movie. Interesting considering he is probably most famous as a singer for a song called The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins (Not on this album).

It's funny that Nimoy's co-star on Star Trek, William Shanter, was also infamous for shitty album's.

I got this for Dan for Christmas for 5 bucks at the Academy Annex

This was once Judy's record, I like to think she spent many sunny afternoons flickin her bean, listening to Leonard, wearing her Spock ears.

I think Mr. Nimoy said it best (Play Track)

Do Me a huge favor and pass my blog onto a friend, I wanna see if I can get 5 more followers by Friday!  And if you aren't following me click the "Follow" button on the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. I was just browsing through the bins at the Electric Fetus yesterday in Duluth and they had ALL the Leonard Nimoy records. What a coincidence! It's a sign - I think I might need to go back and buy them?

    ReplyDelete