Sunday, January 23, 2011

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (Film Soundtrack)

This is my Final post of the amazing Virginia Woolf weekend, though not the end of the Virginia Woolf records available.  Alex North's score to the iconic Mike Nichols film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.  As I have said before I love film scores.  I love walking around NYC letting the music dictate the atmosphere, and the ambiance.  I also love reading on the train to various movie soundtracks (oddly the Soundtrack to Fargo by Carter Burwell I associate with the book Dune, and Danny Elfman's score for Edward Scissorhands got me through the Lord of the Rings for the 10th time).

I love that the album includes snippets of Dialogue from the film, it's great to hear Liz Taylor laugh like a trumpet in the Main Title track above.  An amazing movie, an amazing play, an amazing jazz album, and an amazing soundtrack.  If you haven't seen it now is the time.  What else can I say....What a DUMP!
I am still on the hunt for the 2 LP set of the Dialogue from the film.  It's usually goes for 40.00 bucks on ebay, but I am sure I will come across this treasure in a dollar bin somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment