Monday, February 14, 2011

Oregon Sweet Oregon

I am from Salem, Oregon crystal meth capitol of the west.  So imagine my surprise when Dan and I were shopping at Good Records in New York City and he says to me from the dollar bin across the way "Isn't this your High School?"  I actually went to Sprague High School (GO OLYS) but South Salem High was our rival school.  So this record has survived since 1961 and somehow made it from the west to the east only to wind up in a dollar bin and then back into the hands of another Oregonian.  Pretty cool I think.
 February 14th is a notorious day all over America and I think we all know why.  It's Oregon's birthday!!!  So i thought I'd share with you guys this little gem, The New Oregon Singers!
I thought a high quality scan was in order for this priceless album art.
Look at these ladies!  They are loving their matching dresses, hair-do's, and shoes!
So Happy 150th Birthday Oregon, you are almost as old as Elizabeth Taylor and you look a lot better.

2 comments:

  1. Did I tell you I saw the New Oregon Singers album at the Salv. Army in Vancouver? It was still in it's shrink wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So Happy 150th Birthday Oregon, you are almost as old as Elizabeth Taylor and you look a lot better."

    Except that Elizabeth Taylor (as far as I know) is not infested by ex-Berkeleyites.

    ReplyDelete