Monday, March 28, 2011

Close Encounters of a Disco Kind

The other day I was jamming out to Evelyn Champagne King  thinking to myself there just weren't enough movie soundtracks turned into totally danceable, groovy, bitch ass disco tunes.  And then low and behold I found this gem at Academy for a buck.  The themes from such classic Sci-fi films as Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, with a Disco Twist.
They spared no expense creating this wild LP, even going as far as hiring the Wonderball Orchestra, the worlds finest disco band.  And lets not overlook the other songs on this album which go hand in hand with the film scores they choose to market the record.  I mean I never think of the Star Wars theme without immediately thinking of Randy Newman's Short People.  And who doesn't hear the Star Trek theme and not instantly move on to Staying Alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment