Saturday, May 28, 2011

Burlesque Uncensored

I think I have made it perfectly clear that i am obsessed with Burlesque.  Not the film (and I use the term film very loosely) starring Cher and that slutty looking girl, but the old timey act of bumping and grinding in front of an audience.  Or in vulgar parlance's...stripping.  I have visited the subject a few times in the is very blog, one a month or so ago with LIVE BURLESQUE LIVE and in my mega post about strip tease artist Gypsy Rose Lee
The cool thing about Burlesque Uncensored is that it appears to be an actual live recording of a Burlesque show rather than a studio produced burlesque show (as in Live Burlesque Live).  Although the producers have gone to a great deal of time and effort to come up with this Closed by the Order of the County Sheriff business.  Here on the cover and again on the back with the actual letter from the sheriff closing the show down.  I do love that it's referred as a bare face documentary and I love the cheeky mid-century artwork.  What is it about a broad with no nose who still has nostrils that really Laverns my Shirley (if you know what I mean).
I got this on the street in Williamsburg for a buck, A BUCK!  What luck I had.  Although I hit my favorite Williamsburg shops on Thursday and came home almost empty handed save a few Disney records for a buck.  What can I say, sometimes the universe smiles on you, and sometimes you live in Joplin.
Here is the whole performance on one track, it's kind of fun to listen to, it's also a rough recording, but I did laugh out loud a couple times.  Catskills jokes still get me, hence my love for Joan Rivers.

1 comment:

  1. I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete