Friday, July 1, 2011

Lazy Sounding Ladies Week: Nancy Sinatra

Only two more lazy ladies till lazy lady weeks is done, and I couldn't not talk about Nancy Sinatra yet another amazingly apathetic sounding lady.  I love Nancy Sinatra yet another artist who is probably best known for one song, These Boots are Made for Walking, and most people probably stop there.  Like Dusty Springfield she had another boost of fame thanks to Quentin Tarantino (who just has the best taste in music) he used her track Bang, Bang (He Shot me Down) in Kill Bill Vol. 1.  But I urge you to explore Nancy's vast catalog of music because there is some amazing stuff to be heard. Like the song in the video below God Knows I Love You...

Nancy started her career as an actress appearing with Elvis in Speedway and Henry Fonda in the Wild Angels before she found her niche singing.  Boots especially showed her provocative but good-natured style, and which popularized and made her synonymous with go-go boots. The track below is called Long Time Woman.

Like Dusty and Bobbie Gentry, Nancy recorded very few albums so one must treasure the music available.  Because my computer is being a fuck tard this week I am limited to using only youtube videos, and there are very few options from this album, so what the hell here is my favorite music video of all time...

No comments:

Post a Comment