Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Very Vinyl Whores Halloween: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

There is something about the Peanuts cartoons that captures the spirit of holiday's so well.  Whether it be Christmas, Thanksgiving, or in this case Halloween.  Unfortunately (as is often the case with things from my childhood) I remember the Peanuts specials being a lot more entertaining than they actually are.  Dull, Dull, Dull, but with a twist of holiday charm.  I can personally attest that right now listening to this album I'd like to take a nap.  It reminds me of Bob Ross, the painter, who's voice never ceases to lull me to sleep.  The Peanuts cartoons have the same kind of energy.
Though I am always happy to hear the Vince Guaraldi (one of my all time favorite jazz artists) score backing up these boring ass kids.  Even though attention spans have lessened over the years this is still a classic, so Happy Halloween my fellow whores of vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment