Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Very Vinyl Whores Halloween: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

It's not really Halloween until I have watched Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow (and of course Friday the 13th Part 2.)  But for today I'll just be talking about Sleepy Hollow.  I had an abridged version of Disney's Sleepy Hollow from a Jonathon Winters Halloween Disney Channel Special.  But it had all the important parts and I can still recite the whole damn thing verbatim.  It's my favorite kind of Disney, corny Disney!  Disney from another time with Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters doing the vocals and i won't lie I simply can't get enough.  I love it, and it makes me want to live in that cartoon!

Leave it to the good people at youtube to have the whole special posted (I stand corrected it was a Wonderful World of Disney not a Disney Channel Special.)  The record is your standard Disney Story book, but you gotta love that art.  And the people at Disney have slightly reworked the songs on the LP, perhaps to make them more listener friendly, but probably to avoid paying some kind of royalty.  I'm sure Bing beat the crap out his kids over that one.  Hear is both side one (Sleepy Hollow) and side two (Rip Van Winkle and other stories) in one

track.              



1 comment:

  1. Do you need free YouTube Views?
    Did you know you can get these AUTOMATICALLY AND TOTALLY FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete