Monday, November 7, 2011

Vinyl Friends: Wall of Vinyl

I have a friend named Tanner Effinger who used to live in NYC.  Many moons ago he moved to the non-city of Los Angeles, but before he left he introduced a small group of his nearest and dearest friends to one another, knowing that these were folks of a similar ilk.  Turns out Tanner's attempt at playing matchmaker was spot on for we have all become great friends.  Anne, Dan, Me (Garth), Tirtzah, and Josh (the motley crew who brought you Hurricane Sleeveface).  Recently Tanner was back in NYC on a stop over as he moved to London.  It was over Halloween so I met Tirtzah and Tanner at her place and we were gonna go costume shopping.  While I was there I decided to finally do something I'd been meaning to do for years.  And that is photograph their amazing Wall of Vinyl.
When you first walk into their place you are faced with a long ass hall which they have adorned top to bottom with my favorite thing in the world...VINYL!  It is such an amazing site.  Their taste is exquisite to begin with just check out this bitch ass bubble chair.
And their taste in Vinyl is delicious and eclectic.  Cause of how long and narrow the hall is, it's hard to get a real good shot, below is from the kitchen.
From classic rock to classic showtunes, Helen Reddy to Peter Frampton they are all there.  No genre is left out.
 Only at Tirtzah and Josh's house would Ethel Merman be chilling next to Bruce Springsteen.
And where else would Robert Goulet, Aerosmith, Carole King, and Sesame Street live in such peace and harmony.
Here is Tanner (the man of the hour) Thanks Tanner, I'd have no friends if it weren't for you.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, this made me tear up a touch. And for someone with no tear ducts, that's quite an accomplishment. I miss you whores madly. You and your ridiculous vinyl obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, I hope London is treating you well so far. And we all really do owe you a huge thanks for forcing us all to be friends. That was a good thing you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is this fabulous- it's inspiring. The method of attaching the albums to the wall is genius! I never would have thought of that, and now I can hang some of my favs on my own wall. Thank you, Sir Tanner & Queen Vinyl Whore!

    ReplyDelete